According to the number of layers, PCB board printer are divided into three major categories: single-sided, double-sided and multi-layer circuit boards.
Single panel: On the most basic PCB, the parts are concentrated on one side, and the wires are concentrated on the other side. Because the wires only appear on one side, this kind of PCB is called a single-sided circuit board. Single-sided panels are usually simple to manufacture with low cost. But the disadvantage is that they cannot be applied to products that are too complex.
Double panel: It is an extension of single panel. When single-layer wiring cannot meet the needs of electronic products, double panel is used. There are copper-clad wires on both sides, and the lines between the two layers can be connected through via holes to form the required network connection.
Multilayer board: refers to a printed board with more than three conductive pattern layers and insulating materials between them laminated at intervals, and the conductive patterns are interconnected as required. Multilayer circuit boards are the product of the development of electronic information technology in the direction of high speed, multi-function, large capacity, small volume, thinner and lighter weight.
PCB printed boards are divided into flexible boards (FPC), rigid boards (PCB), and rigid-flex boards (FPCB) according to their characteristics.
2. Working level
The PCB board includes many types of working layers, such as signal layer, protective layer, silk screen layer, internal layer, etc. The functions of various layers are briefly introduced as follows:
(1) Protective layer: It is mainly used to ensure that the parts of the circuit board that do not need to be tinned are not tinned, so as to ensure the reliability of the circuit board operation.
(2) Signal layer: Mainly used to place components or wiring.
(3) Silk screen layer: Mainly used to print the serial number, production number, company name, etc. of the components on the PCB printed board.
(4) Internal layer: Mainly used as a signal wiring layer.
(5) Other layers: Mainly include 4 types of layers. Drilling azimuth layer: mainly used for the position of drilling holes on the printed circuit board; prohibited wiring layer: mainly used for drawing the electrical frame of the circuit board; drilling drawing layer: mainly used for setting the drilling shape; multi-layer: mainly used to set up multi-faceted layers.
Depending on the design of the PCB board, the price will vary depending on the material of the circuit board, the number of layers of the circuit board, the size of the circuit board, the quantity of each production, the production process, the smallest line width and line spacing, the smallest aperture, the amount of the hole, the quantity, special craftsmanship and other requirements.